Importance Of Building Healthy Habits
We hear talk all the time about building healthy habits for our personal life – eat right, exercise, etc. A habit helps you slowly, and almost without thinking get to your goal.
How about building healthy habits for your business? Your professional life is no different. For your business to flourish you need to get into a systematic routine. Build healthy habits that will increase your productivity.
7 Healthy Habits That Successful Entrepreneurs Swear By
- Create a habit of making 4 phone calls per day to prospects – Or 20 calls per week then build calling time into a specific time on your calendar
- Create a habit of sending an email or making a phone call to at least 3 people after each networking event you attend to invite them to a more in-depth conversation.
- Create a habit of reviewing your calendar for the next day the night before and identify the top 3 things you must complete the next day.
- Create a habit daily or weekly of reflecting on your activities of the previous day/week. Identify what went well and why. Identify issues/areas where you were challenged and what you would like to do differently next time.
- Stick to a sleep schedule. It is very important to energize and recharge your brain and body. Missing out on sleep can make you irritable, and less productive.
- Wake up 1 hour earlier than you need. Use the extra hour for learning something new, exercise, or meditation. This personal time will start your day off right.
- Set up healthy goals and milestones. Set your goals and then break them down into small doable milestones. Unrealistic goals and milestones lead to failures and discouragement. By achieving small doable milestones you are constantly winning which gives you the encouragement to keep moving forward and achieve the goal.
You Are The Key
There are a lot of people who will give you pointers on building healthy habits for a successful business but it’s you who can execute them. Don’t overwhelm yourself by starting too many new habits at a time. Always be positive before you start a new healthy habit and encourage yourself to stick with it for at least a month. While studies show differing, amounts of time to develop a habit (21 days, 66 days, 90 days, etc), I encourage you to start 1 new habit this month and stick with it for this month. Then consider starting a new habit. Looking for more information on succeeding at your business? Contact me here. I am always ready to help.